G'day and welcome to RvBFics! This little bit of the web is dedicated to the fanfiction spawned by the hilariously popular Halo based machinima Red vs Blue.
Who knew two teams of rejects could come so far! Ten seasons, spin off series, popular merchandise, dvd release and so many awards later they're still going strong. Most of us can never wait for our next hit of Red vs Blue and want to be a part of the addictive universe.
The RvBFic's goals are simple:
1) To set up RvBFics as a One Stop Shop for Red vs Blue fanfiction.
2) To promote a basic standard of writing in the fandom
3) To promote an active, enjoyable and intelligent Red Vs Blue writing community.
Our final and most important words are these; I bow before the Word of God- the blokes from Rooster Teeth. If they disapprove or ask content removed I will do so in a second. The grandest thanks goes to the ever growing staff of Roosterteeth for giving us this incredible world to play in. I'd like to promise we won't abuse your characters, but we all know that's a lie and only following the grand condition
About the Webmaster
G'day! I'm your host and this is more of an excuse than a bio, like you care. I made this site to combine two of my favourite things, Red Vs Blue and Writing, and if people don't follow the rules I'll endeavour to combine it with my third favourite thing. Unfortunately for you blokes I have no technical expertise whatsoever so I hope you'll forgive me as I scout this out and take a lot of shotcuts while I learn.
Here is my promise to you, if you give to this community, forums, fanart or reviews, I'll make sure that it gives back to you. I eventually to have competitions with art prizes, perhaps even dvd's and posters as we build up, this place will only be as good as you make it.
Q1) I forgot my password! What do I do now?
To recover a lost password, click here and enter the e-mail address with which you registered. Your password will be sent to you shortly.
Q2) What kinds of stories are allowed?
See our Submission Rules.
Q3) How do I contact the site administrators?
You can e-mail us via our contact form.
Q4) How do I submit stories?
If you have not already done so, please register for an account. Once you've logged in, click on Account Information and choose Add Story. The form presented there will allow you to submit your story.
Q4) How come I'm not getting any reviews?
How many reviews have you given?
Q5) My fic includes Master Chief and other Halo elements, should I list it as a Crossover?
No. Master Chief and the gang have been mentioned in the series and so they are considered canon, however your story must be majority RvB to be posted here.
Q6) How do I choose more than one character/ship/warning in the submission section?
Each time you choose another selection hold down ctrl.
Q6) I'm sick of my username, how can I change it?
Just contact the admin, aka Bushtuckapenguin, and she can change it in 24 hours.
Q6) How do I add a banner to my fanfiction?
Strap yourself in, it's multistep, but check out our tutorial section for an graphic representation!
- Do you have your image and does it abide by the rules of the archive. Our standard banner size is 500x120 pixels, but if it doesn't disturb the flow of the site I won't bug you about it.
- Find yourself an image hoster. I recommend PhotoBucket, free and easy to use. Get yourself an ID and upload your image.
- Most image hosters give you the option to copy a direct url to the image. How do you know if it's a direct link? It will end in either .jpg , .gif , .png any other image extention. It will look something like: http://www.rvbfics.com/rvbimages/Random/Graphics/bannerrenegade.jpg
- Come to RvBFics and open the page you want to add the image. This may be your story summary, inside your chapter or your bio.
- Have a lo look at the buttons available in the tinyMCE. In the second row, between an achor and a paintbrush is a tree. Clicking it opens a popup window. It has three tabs for you to explore but for beginners stick with General.
- On the general tab are three text fields; Image URL, Image Description and Title. Paste your url into the Image URL text field. If your image is viable it will show you a preview. If not, check you have the right address and that your link ends with an image extention.
- Insert! A popup will ask you if you want to add a description but you don't actually need one so press okay.
- Now click on the image so that it has a border with six white squares. Click left or right if you want your text to envelope your image, such as my avatar on the News page, but for title pages it makes sense to make it the star so use center instead.